Clay's Summer Adventure2005

Saturday, June 18, 2005


The hostel that I stayed at in Mendoza was a laid back and fun place. One of the owners organized trips into the mountains so on Friday me and one other guest from the hostel setup a 120 mile off-road trek with Pascal (the co-owner).

Fun story: He had just bought the jeep and didn´t know how to work the 4 wheel drive. At one point we needed it and he tried to shift into it. All he was able to do was get it out of 2WD, not into 4WD or back in to 2WD. This was a little cause for concern since we were in the middle of nowhere and couldn´t get the car to move. After watching Pascal fiddle with it for 10 min with no success, the engineer in me sprang into action. I got in the driver´s seat and had them push the car a little while I tried to get it in gear. Got it first try, just had to move the gears a little so the teath aligned. Disaster averted. Posted by Hello

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home